This exciting project began when we were approached by Wayfair one of the world’s largest online destinations for purchasing for the home. As a rapidly growing company, Wayfair was looking to expand its UK operations with a new warehouse in Lutterworth. The development was set to open in Magna Park, Lutterworth in the autumn of 2019. The new destination was to serve as the company’s main distribution hub in the UK and expand its logistics network supporting nationwide growth.
Operations originally began at Magna Park in 2016 and now with the acquisition of their new site, Wayfair will lease 1,064,000 square feet of the Lutterworth development. This state-of-the-art facility needed commercial furnishings and a full project managed service encompassing design and installation and we were ready to take on the challenge.
Wayfair required; commercial office fit out suites, meeting rooms, waiting room furniture, reception furniture, a canteen fit out and changing room storage facilities.
The client wanted quality furniture that was modern, hardwearing and maximised the use of the space available. A consistent theme and style of furniture were required throughout in line with the clients corporate branding.
- Wayfair and their team were matched with one of our expert project coordinators.
- Meetings were held with the client and a full site visit conducted to establish the scope and timescales of the project.
- Recommendations were made to the client and themes, designs and 3D plans were delivered and agreed upon.
- Further site visits were conducted, and product samples were installed and tested. Fabric samples were also assessed alongside corporate branding styling.
- A project go ahead wad given and a timeframe decided upon for the delivery and installation of goods. This was a process that required concise planning with the client to ensure that the areas for installation were complete during that stage of the overall development and furniture could be installed.
- Part way through the project the client increased their office space and required additional offices furnishings. Again, the same principles applied to the design and the installation was agreed upon.
- Due to the success of the project and the client benefiting from our seamless management approach, we were then asked to design the employee changing facilities and provide storage lockers for their use. Our specialist locker design and planning team were well equipped to maximise the use of their space. The only thing that needed to be decided upon was the colour!
Cost Cutters UK also provides a free no-obligation onsite visit! If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, please get in touch and learn more by visiting our Space Planning page, where you can also view some of our fantastic case studies!